Friday, May 29, 2009

Wiki, Youtube


Wikis - at first I wasn't sure about wikis. I had used wikipedia but had not really considered how wikis could be used in the workplace. I can now see how they would be really useful to store procedure manuals or to let others know what is happening in other departments - thus allowing a sharing of ideas and a greater awareness of what is happening around us. Working in a public library often means working different shifts - it can be quite difficult making sure information reaches everyone.
I liked the Booklovers wiki which would be a great link to the library website - people are always searching for something new to read - and could read reviews and add their own selections to the list.
Librarysearch - what a great resource, so many shared ideas.
The mint museum -

Contributing to a wiki was easier than I thought.


Youtube
Next step embedding videos from youtube - now that's a bit of fun. Once I worked out how to do it - it took a little while to appear, at first I thought it hadn't worked.




No comments:

Post a Comment